Marshal Bailey and Cowgirl Janey
Allen D. Bailey was appointed as the City Marshal of Dodge City, Kansas by the Mayor and City Council on February 21, 2000, and still holds the office.
Marshal Bailey has been writing and singing cowboy songs for over 40 years and has been inducted into three Western Swing Hall of Fames, as well as the Wild West Walk of Fame in Dodge City. He is the host of the popular radio show WESTERN SWING & OTHER THINGS, now in it’s 25th year on High Plains Public Radio. You can hear the program world wide on the net every Saturday at 10AM CST at www.hppr.org.
Cowgirl Janey is originally from Windom, Kansas and is the wife of Marshal Bailey. She shares her love of music and the Old West with the Marshal, as together they co-host WESTERN SWING & OTHER THINGS, emcee various events across the high plains, and share the stage at western concerts.
Cowgirl Janey and the Marshal are part of a cowboy singing group called Marshal Bailey & The Silver Bullets who make several appearances a year. Recently, they released a CD called ‘Night Rider’. More info at www.marshalbailey.com
Dodge City’s Marshal Allen D. Bailey and Cowgirl Janey:
- Multi-Award Winning Radio Show WESTERN SWING AND OTHER THINGS
- Broadcasting western swing across the high plains for over 25 years
- 2004 inductee into the Kansas Western Swing Hall Of Fame
- 2009 inductee into the Western Swing Society of the Southwest Hall Of Fame
- 2010 Cowtown Society Of Western Music – Disc Jockey Of The Year
- 2012 Western Swing Guild Award of Appreciation
- 2014 Academy Of Western Artists Award of Appreciation
Broadcasting live from the Swinging Gate Ranch every Saturday morning from 10AM until 1PM over a five state region, via the High Plains Public Radio Network and world-wide over the web at www.hppr.org.